Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Engineer Student Edition

Pro Engineer Student Edition

Last night I installed Pro E student edition on my laptop, and did not realize that I need to always have an internet connection to use the program. This is a huge inconvenience and not possible for me since I am always carrying my laptop around between classes and using it in areas with out internet connections. I need to switch my license to an offline license. Please tell me how to go about doing this as soon as possible. If I could do this over I would reinstall this on my desktop. Thank You

1 REPLY 1

RE: Pro Engineer Student Edition

Hi William, Pro/ENGINEER Student Edition is a node locked edition. It is locked to the MAC address for your machine. In the case of a machine having multiple network Cards, your computer will set a specific card as primary. Depending of if the machine is connected or not, the system will flip flop from one network device to another...or disable them all together. Note: you do not need internet access to run Pro/E. You only need internet access to generate a license file…this can be done via two methods – online or offline. Please refer to the installation guide for instructions. To resolve this issue, please refer to the attached guide to set your specific card as primary regardless if you are connected or not. Thanks, Mark
Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!