Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProE 5 will not start

Re: ProE 5 will not start

Pro/E will read config.pro files in the following order:

1. Global: C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Student Edition\text
  2. Home Directory: This is typically Documents or My Documents
  3. Start In folder: The folder that Pro/E starts in.

If there are any config.pro files in these locations, temporarily rename the files to config.bkup and then try starting Pro/E without them. This will verify if they are the cause of your problem.

If you can verify it is the config.pro file, you will need to comment out lines of the config.pro file (using an "!" mark) to find out which option in your file is causing the problem.

Regards,

Adam

Many thanks Adam

I have investigated and I have even deleted all the config files from all the locations you mentioned and the program still does not start.

I have now also gone back and installed WF2 and that seems to work ok.

(But I need WF4 because the files arent backwards compatible of course!)

Have Un & reinstalled WF4 again and that made no difference..

All that does happen is that process 'nmsd.exe' starts up, but nothing further happens from there.

Puzzled.. and really appreciative of any further advice???

Are you connecting through the same network adapter you used when it was installed? I had the same problem as you, suddenly Proe 5 would not start, no splash screen or anything. I had moved my PC and connected to the internet via a lan cable instead of wireless. Refitting my wireless card solved the problem. Its based on the mac address of your licence, found in Program Files\ProENGINEER Student Edition\text\licences\licence.dat Look for the line PTC HOSTID=HOSTID= and then what follows is the (not to be confused with apple mac) MAC address that Pro engineer is expecting. To compare it with your current MAC address open command prompt, and type ipconfig /all and look for "physical address" of your network adapter. This must be the same as the number in your licence.dat file for Pro engineer to start.

I have tried EVERYTHING mentioned in this thread, and I'm still having the same problem. No splash screen, no nothing. Like a previous poster mentioned, I used it successfully for a few months, but now it's completely unresponsive. Seriously cramping my homework style...

Rachael,

Sorry your having the problem. Could you please send a support request to -? Someone from the Academic Program support team will get with you to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Adam

I have the same problem. I tried everything in this thread... it is a q9400 4x2,67ghz, gtx260, windows 7 64bit ultimate sp1. I can not do my cad programming on my 11,6" notebook....

Highlighted

Hello,

I have similar problem with Windows 7 x64 and ATi Sapphire X1950XT 512MB DDR3 (opengl 2.0). After some fiddling with drivers and config.pro options I managed to solve the problem.

1. Install Catalyst 7.11 (my choice) or 8.12;

2. Set config.pro options:

enable_opengl_shader yes (Catalyst 7.11) or no (Catalyst 8.12)

graphics opengl

use_software_opengl no

Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!