cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ProE School Edition has stopped starting

Daboa
1-Newbie

ProE School Edition has stopped starting

It used to work fine on my computer. Now it suddenly won't start. It's the school edition, Wildfire 5 (from what I can tell in the bin folder). Anyway, I click to start the program and nothing happens. If I watch Task Manager, two process both called "cmd.exe *32" start as well as I think one called "conhost.exe", but after a few secons one of the cmd.exe processes stop. The other two processes remain and nothing happens. If I end the remaining cmd processes and try to start all over again, it seems sometimes a cmd process and the conhost processes show up again, but sometimes not, maybe depending on how quickly I try again. Anyway, I've tried different compatibility modes, running as administrator, but have had no luck. I also can't find the install CD, so I don't know what to do. Help?

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX

1 REPLY 1

Hi Noah,

Sorry for the delay.

Where you able to get this installed and running?

Can you please send me your license file (c:\program files\proengineer schools edition\text\licensing\license.dat) to -?

Thanks,

Mark

Top Tags