cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ProE student free download problems

ptc-3093091
1-Newbie

ProE student free download problems

First of all the download stops after 7% and wont go any further. And second question is im running windows7 64 bit. Is this proE compatible?
18 REPLIES 18

Hey, there! I am just going through some of these older furums and seeing if people have their solutions yet. Were you able to download the Student Ed it yet? I maybe your Internet connection, since it is a large download. I think I have had students test out the same Student Ed on Vista 32 and 64, but not 7. Let us know if it works. Good luck, Joel

I can not get any of the files to open after saving them.

We donn't support Pro/ENGINEER Student edition on Windows 7 but we have many users that used the software on this OS and it works fine. Make sure you have the most recent driver for your graphic card and email to - for support.

I am also having trouble downloading on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS. I am going to try downloading the CD version to my flash drive on the school PC and then install on my notebook from the Flashdrive. I have tried everything else.

dorlov
1-Newbie
(To:JNewton)

hi Jessica,

have you tried to download the full media image?

here is the link....

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition DVD

JNewton
1-Newbie
(To:dorlov)

I recieved an error when trying to unzip

::Seek error reading zip archive.::

dorlov
1-Newbie
(To:JNewton)

try to download it again...worse case scenario ....email me you mailing address i will send you a DVD...

JNewton
1-Newbie
(To:dorlov)

thanks for the help, my email address is jnewton4@live.com

Hello my name is Jorge Luis Martinez, I've been using Proengineer since it's 2001 version, then I used the WF 3.0 and WF 4.0, currently I'm working with the WF 5.0 version. besides of my experience in this software I decide to move to other company but I have been required for a certification on PROENGINEER. I've looked in PTC web site and I've found the Global Education Program to get a self-paced certification.

I have downloaded the Curse Document and also the Course Model Files, the ploblem is that the model files does not run in the Pro/Engineer WF 5.0 Comercial Edition but in the Creo Elements/Pro Schools(formerly Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0).

‏ Afeter required for access to download the Schools version I received from - a link to donwload it, I have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and a 32-bit Opertion System, unfortunately the link to intall it form the web for Microsoft Windows 32-bit executable didn't work, it seems to start the installation but sudenly get stoped.

At this time I am opening from the website the Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 School Edition DVD (3.6 GB) and I wonder if I will be able to install it on my PC.

please help me with this issue, I really need to get a kind of certification, also I teach ProEngineer in my City and I want to Know how can I give to my students a valid recognition or a certification valid from PTC.

I had the same problem, the answer is this:

donload the DVD files that is about 6 Gb this files are good for 32 bit and 64, it will take a bit but after that you will have installed the Proe WF 5.0 School Edition

i would say 4Gb ....not 6Gb

yes i'ts correct Dimitry, Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 School Edition DVD (3.6 GB)

Dimitry I have a problem and I appreciate if you could help me, I have applied to the Global Education Program in the self-directed and self-paced tutorial for the online qualification course, as far I have the Submission Folder files ready to send them.

I have zipped and splite the Submission Folder into ten compress files of 9 Mb files each to be able to send them by mail but unfortunatetly I have not been able to send them nor by hotmail neither by the link - at the webpage http://www.ptcacademy.com/na_submit.html, also not by -.

I want to apply for a free site license for Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and become a full time teacher, also I want to get a certification document that endorse me in proENGINEER WF 5.0.

I wonder if is there a site where I could upload the Submission Folder files instead of using the email.

please answer as soon as possible.

thank you very much.

Jorge Luis Martinez Graciliano
CYBER ROBOT

Jorge,

Please take a look in your submission folder to make sure you do not have multiple copies of models in each folder. If you did a Backup, you would only have one copy of each, with a ".1" extension. For example you should only have wheel.prt.1, not wheel.prt.2 also.

I'm thinking you have duplicates becasue every other submission we have recieved is just under 3.4MB when zipped (4.7MB before zip).

Regards,

Adam

Hello Adam K Haas, I am in the preparation of a project to open a new school to teach ProEngineer WF 5.0 and Creo Element/pro, I want to make all this process according the law and with a professional attitude, I am receiving advising in my project preparationon from a local institution subsidized by the Baja California State Government called it EmpreSer ( www.empreser.org), I am doing all I can to carry out this project from the my desk to the reality.

I would appreciate if you please advise me on what to do in order to have the PTC support for my project ( school ), software, licences, cerftificates endorse by PTC for the graduates of this educational instintucion, etc..., in total what are the benefits tha I could receive form PTC for this project.

Adam, I want to thank you in advanced to your answer to do of this project a reality.

best regards.

If you want to know what is EmpreSer please refer to the www.empreser.org or see the attached video.

Jorge Luis Martinez Graciliano

CYBER ROBOT

Tecate, Baja California Mexico

Valladolid 45, Col. Andalucia, C.P. 21432

cell: (664) 1114808

Jorge,

Please send me an email, -.

Thanks,

Adam

hey

I'm having problems downloading the creo elements pro schools edition.

I registerd at the site, and no problem there, olso got the download link.

but when i try too download it stops almost immediately.

i tried different browser, and no difference.

i'm using a windows 7home premium 64 bit OS.

can anyone help me.

grtz

Dear User,

Please use the following download link to download the full media. The one you were trying to install was a install executable via the web. It started setup locally, but pulled the files from the web.

The full download would install it as if you were installing it from a DVD.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/WF5_Schools-UNI_DVD.zip

Please let me know if this causes anymore issues.

Thanks

Dima

I'm also having the same issue and I've already made another post concerning it here:

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/35647

I'll try the download from the link you just posted above (http://apps.ptc.com/schools/WF5_Schools-UNI_DVD.zip).

Top Tags