Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Pro/E Schools Edition WF 5.0

Highlighted

Problem Installing Pro/E Schools Edition WF 5.0

I'm trying to get the schools edition to install as I'm an engineering Ph.D student. I've been trying for several hours to complete the installation but nothing seems to work. It hangs at 1% or 2%.

I've now apparently hit the limit of my license requests to try and install so I'm out of options.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64. It's all updated, in fact the last group of updates was done last night.

I've tried turning off all other programs in the background. Tried restarting. Tried deleting all the temporary files it installed (when I select Cancel Installation it just freezes) and rerunning the installer. Tried redownloading the installer four times now. Tried installing by extracting to a temporary folder as well as to the Program Files (x86)/PTC.Setup folder. Nothing i've tried was successful.

I haven't been able to find an installation log file to see what it's hanging on.

Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas on what else I might try?

Tags (2)
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Problem Installing Pro/E Schools Edition WF 5.0

Thank you

I also have this problem...and would like to find out how to fix it. Thank you for asking the question. :-)

also having the same problem on a macbook pro i7 with windows 7 ultimate and a built desktop with a 920 i7 running windows 7 professional

both computers are running 64 bit versions of the OS with all current updates

Glad i am not the only one !! fortunately i have been able to download succsesfully and save to my documents, unfortunately when i try to install things go pear shaped ond there is no content.

I have tried several attempts to over come this but to no avail.

I hope this can be sorted by the PTC crew.

I tried again !! took 1 hour 40mins to down load, got as far as you did and stopped at 2%.

Must be doing something wrong but i am confused as to what !!

Please help PTC guys !!

i tried downloading and installing on a windows virtual machine running xp 32 bit and had no problems, so this is clearly a conflict with the windows 7 installer. I also tried using the 32 bit installer on my windows 7 machines and it would error in the exact same place.

Hi all,

Thank you for raising this issue with PTC. I am making steps to address the 'install from the web' process.

Since, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 is now offered on DVD, we wanted to provide an install process that would not require users to download the full media DVD (3.6 GB). The intent was to allow users to download a small executable which would initiate PTC.Setup. During the install, the required files would be downloaded from ptc.com.

Depending on network connectivity, we are finding a number of users not able to successfully complete the install via the 'install from the web' process. For this reason, we will provide a link to download the full media to users local machine.

I am anticipating this to be available by the end of the week (August 20, 2010). When available, I will post a reply stating it live. On the page, where you downloaded the setup executable, you will see a new link for downloading the full image. Once downloaded, you can unzip the file and perform setup from the folder. This will allow you to successfully install the edition.

If you have future issue, please send an email to -.

Regards,

Mark Fischer

Director, PTC Education

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for the reply! I look forward to using Pro/E when you get the download ready.

Hi Mark,

Could a note or something be posted in ProjectLink or otherwise sent out to FIRST teams regarding this issue. My team has the DVD, but others may still be having problems.

Thanks,

Josh