cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem Installing Pro/E Schools Edition WF 5.0

rbram
1-Newbie

Problem Installing Pro/E Schools Edition WF 5.0

I'm trying to get the schools edition to install as I'm an engineering Ph.D student. I've been trying for several hours to complete the installation but nothing seems to work. It hangs at 1% or 2%.

I've now apparently hit the limit of my license requests to try and install so I'm out of options.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64. It's all updated, in fact the last group of updates was done last night.

I've tried turning off all other programs in the background. Tried restarting. Tried deleting all the temporary files it installed (when I select Cancel Installation it just freezes) and rerunning the installer. Tried redownloading the installer four times now. Tried installing by extracting to a temporary folder as well as to the Program Files (x86)/PTC.Setup folder. Nothing i've tried was successful.

I haven't been able to find an installation log file to see what it's hanging on.

Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas on what else I might try?

32 REPLIES 32
Matheus
1-Newbie
(To:dorlov)

Hi Dima,

No, it just do not run, no errors, no messages.

I realy don't know what to do, I've already tried changing windows compatibility mode, but no changes.

Matheus

dorlov
1-Newbie
(To:Matheus)

can i connect to your machine to take a look? email me at -

I have this same problem... nothing happens when i run the setup!

Top Tags