cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem uninstalling Creo 3.0 Parametric M070

lsjöberg
1-Newbie

Problem uninstalling Creo 3.0 Parametric M070

I run Win 7 64-bit and was trying to install the academic version of Creo 3.0 Parametric without success. The problem was with the license and after some googling I came to the conclusion that I should uninstall and remove everything and redo it. Now that I'm trying to uninstall Parametric 3.0 M070 the uninstaller crash.

This is what I get when I select Uninstall in the Programs and Features menu in Windows:

1.PNG

After pressing Uninstall, I get:

2.PNG

And in my process list I now have:

3.PNG

No matter if I keep the process running or end it, when I try to uninstall Creo again I get:

4.PNG

The same thing happens when running Windows in Safe Mode.

What did Creo to do my computer?!

3 REPLIES 3

I have moved this to our Academic Community to get it in front of the right eyes.

Best,

Toby

Hi,

1.] in Task Manager kill pmuninstall.exe process

2.] in Windows Explorer go to C:\Program Files directory and simply delete PTC sub-directory

3.] in Windows Explorer go to %TEMP% directory and simply delete its contents

4.] in Program list uninstall PTC Creo Parametric and all other PTC items installed on the same date (sort the listing by date)

MH

Martin Hanák

Somehow I got the trial version working and now I'll keep using it for 30 days. So in 30 days I'll probably try your suggestion and mark it as correct if it works. Thanks a lot for taking your time! And thanks for moving my thread to a proper place. I'll post back as soon as I get anything to share.

Best regards

Top Tags