cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Problem when installing PTC Creo Parametric Student Edition

imerideñolabaye
5-Regular Member

Problem when installing PTC Creo Parametric Student Edition

Hello,

I am a teacher in a secondary school and we work with PTC Creo Parametric Student Edition in ICT subject. It is been 3 years now that we have been working with 3.0 version.

Unluckily, this year we are having some problems when installing the software in new computers. Students create their academic accounts, download the software (zip file), unzip the file and execute the setup-schools.exe file as an administrator. When the installation begins, it asks students to enter their account name and password, and just after it the computer stops running, it blocks, it gets stuck (I don't know the expression in English). It happens every time we try to install the software and it happens with any version: 3, 4 and 5. 

Can you help me? Do you have any clue of what is happening?

Thank you in advance, Iñaki.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

If you need to install Creo 3.0 on the schools computers, I would advise you get Creo 5.0 Schools Premium Lab edition (I can get you more information about how to get it if you email me - acazacu@ptc.com).

To request Creo Schools Premium editions please submit a request here (please note that this is a 2 steps/forms process): https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/products/free-software/k12-educator

If you are installing it on Student computers/laptops, I'd advise you to try running the setup.exe with the product code:

1. For Creo 3.0: BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12

2. For Creo 4.0: BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12

3. For Creo 5.0: BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

If you still have issues please contact me on the email. I may need to take a look on one of the computers and see what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

If you need to install Creo 3.0 on the schools computers, I would advise you get Creo 5.0 Schools Premium Lab edition (I can get you more information about how to get it if you email me - acazacu@ptc.com).

To request Creo Schools Premium editions please submit a request here (please note that this is a 2 steps/forms process): https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/products/free-software/k12-educator

If you are installing it on Student computers/laptops, I'd advise you to try running the setup.exe with the product code:

3. For Creo 5.0: BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

If you still have issues please contact me on the email. I may need to take a look on one of the computers and see what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Alex

Wow, it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot!!!

Hello,

My students worked during the last year with PTC Creo Parametric Student Edition, versions 3.0 and 4.0. They used the licenses provided in this forum:

However, I am afraid this licenses will expire soon. Is there a way of just updating the license without having to uninstall and install again the program.

Thank you in advance!

It worked! Thank you very much!

Top Tags