cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Problem with installing Creo on Student's laptop

ichalson
1-Newbie

Problem with installing Creo on Student's laptop

Hello,

I have one of my students who installed Creo onto his laptop, a HP Pavillion dv6 running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Program apparently installed without any issue, though now every time he boots Creo the web page that opens when the program runs cannot be closed. See screen shot below.

Creo+screen.jpg

Can select new and create a new part, the model tool bar opens and you can select extrude or what ever. Apparently the program is operating with the exception that the web page cannot be closed and is as a consequent hiding everything behind it.

Is there a setting we've missed? Any suggestions please?

regards

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ian,

This is a fairly common graphics problem. I would recommend updating your graphics card from the manufacturer's website. If that doesn't solve the issue, you can follow the steps in the guide below to change your graphics settings:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/support_creo2_graphics.pdf

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ian, welcome to PTC Community!

I've moved this discussion into our community, where one of our knowledgeable team members will be happy to help.

Hi Ian,

This is a fairly common graphics problem. I would recommend updating your graphics card from the manufacturer's website. If that doesn't solve the issue, you can follow the steps in the guide below to change your graphics settings:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/support_creo2_graphics.pdf

Regards,

Chris

Chris,

many thanx for the info, updating the drivers did the trick, will keep the other info though - bound to be more students with install issues. Thanx again

regards

Ian

Top Tags