cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problems Generating BOM Using Creo Parametric

ptc-4827481
1-Newbie

Problems Generating BOM Using Creo Parametric

I've recently been trying trying to price out new drive train options (the new COTS parts released by Vex Robotics).

If it's relevant, my process for these files is typically to download the .step file from the VexPro website, then generate an assembly. After I've generated the assembly, I go in and assign weights, colors, etc. to all the parts, as well as reassembling the assembly in order to make sure the constraints are all right.

My problem is that after I've gone through this process, I cannot generate a BOM for the assembly. When I try to do so, Creo throws a "Cannot open output file" error. I really don't know why this would be so, as I've successfully generated BOMs in Creo parametric before.

Any suggestions for what the problem is and how I can fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4827481)

Nick, do you have write access to the working directory? The message seems odd, like you don't have permissions. I will try to look it up and see what I can find.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4827481)

Nick, do you have write access to the working directory? The message seems odd, like you don't have permissions. I will try to look it up and see what I can find.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Ah, check your "startup" location. This could cause issues also. So, by "startup" location, I'm referring to the folder assigned to the Creo Parametric shortcut. Just right click on it and pick Properties. Make sure the "Start in" folder is a folder you have write access to.

creoprops.png

ptc-4827481
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Can't believe I missed this, but I lost my default working directory and Creo was redirecting to the wrong place. It was like a ten second fix. Thank you!

Top Tags