cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Program Freezes During Installation of Creo 5.0 and 4 M030

chris8
2-Guest

Program Freezes During Installation of Creo 5.0 and 4 M030

For the last few weeks I have been trying to install Creo 4 M030 on my laptop. Everytime I run the installer it would always freeze after I enter my PTC login details. I tried Creo 5.0 last night and was meeted with the exact same problem.

I have tried downloading the file a few times and this has froze every time. I had 4 M020 installed previously but I have this uninstalled, unless there is something still around from that which is causing it.

I have seen on other posts about graphic drivers being at fault; My laptop has Intel HD Graphics 3000 which has the latest driver installed, along with any other drivers.

I have attached the latest traceback.log file from the installation (version 5) and would be grateful if anyone could determine what my problem is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.]

Intel HD Graphics 3000 is very old GPU. Even if it is probably not supported, it should not make installation problems.

2.]

Installator looks into C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Empty this directory before you launch setup.exe.

3.]

Installator looks for suitable network card ... if it does not find it, it can fail.

Installator does not like VPN network card, virtual network card.

Installator is able to work with LAN or WiFi network cards, which are connected to network.

To get a list of all network cards, you have to open Command Prompt window and enter command ipconfig /all > ip.txt ... command output is written into ip.txt file.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

1.]

Intel HD Graphics 3000 is very old GPU. Even if it is probably not supported, it should not make installation problems.

2.]

Installator looks into C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Empty this directory before you launch setup.exe.

3.]

Installator looks for suitable network card ... if it does not find it, it can fail.

Installator does not like VPN network card, virtual network card.

Installator is able to work with LAN or WiFi network cards, which are connected to network.

To get a list of all network cards, you have to open Command Prompt window and enter command ipconfig /all > ip.txt ... command output is written into ip.txt file.

Martin Hanák
jogro
4-Participant
(To:chris8)

i have the same problem here.

Installer hangs when i entered the login details.

any solutions ?

greetz joachim

chris8
2-Guest
(To:jogro)

I have found the problem. I had extra network adapters installed (virtualbox was one of them). After they were disabled the installation continued as normal! Thanks MartinHanak for the help!
jogro
4-Participant

i have tried the following but no changes:

deactivated Intel graphics 

deinstalles Virus security

but no changes.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@jogro wrote:

i have tried the following but no changes:

deactivated Intel graphics 

deinstalles Virus security

but no changes.

Hi,

chris8 confirmed that the problem is related to network card. Check network card list.

Martin Hanák
jogro
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

no changes, it´s not possible to install the Programm,

I deactivated all Network Cards ( Microsoft direct wifi virtual Adapter, turedo Tunneling Adapter, and the not connected lan Adapter).

Any other Solutions?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

what network card is enabled and connected ?

I suggest you to enable and connect LAN network card.

Martin Hanák
jogro
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

i´ve only the LAN card enabled

I have disabled WLAN in device Manager.

The only Network card in ipconfig /all list is the wired lan adapter

jogro
4-Participant

Problem solved,

i tried to install creo 5 and followed the Installation guide, step by step.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf

seems like it was a RTFM failure.

THX for help

Greetz

Joachim

Hi,

what was the exactly problem? 

I have the same problem with the Creo 5.0 installation.

Greetings

Lucas

Top Tags