cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

RWDC as curriculum for a HS course

ptc-4834891
1-Newbie

RWDC as curriculum for a HS course

Does anyone use RWDC as curriculum for a stand alone high school course? I am exploring the idea of using this competition as a STEM course for students interested in engineering, CAD and the design process.

3 REPLIES 3

Yes I am using it in my industrial design class. We spent the first part of the semester learning mathcad & CFD. The students had already had a semester of CAD. My class is only one semester, so our goal is to finish by winter break. Class webpage is at

http://davincilab.org/classes/industrialDesign/.

You can see some of the things we did to prepare and what we're currently up to.

David Clark

Monarch HS

Thanks David. What type of CAD did the students have before taking your class? Did you use all PTC software? I am thinking about this being a 2 semester course. The Spring will be learning the software and the fall will be working on the challenge. I am the STEM coordinator for my district with a biology background so a lot of this is relatively foreign to me. I am trying to gather information to present to the administration.

Jack

State College HS

We use Solidworks as our primary CAD tool as that is what the school provides us. I have Creo installed on a few computers and we have been dabbling with that as well. I do use Mathcad and Windchill for the Real World Design Challenge as well as for my FIRST Robotics team. These are both great packages.

Top Tags