cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Re-Licensing Creo 3.0

RoyHandley
3-Visitor

Re-Licensing Creo 3.0

Hello

I am trying to renew my license for Creo 3.0 Schools Edition and have followed the guidance given in the document “Creo 3.0 – Schools Standard Edition – Re-Licensing Guide”, mentioned elsewhere on the Academic Support Forum.

On each of the several  occasions I have tried, rather than getting the “Success!” message, I simply get “Failed”.

I have followed all guidelines including turning off firewall etc. and running Reconfigure as Administrator (Windows 7).

Could anyone please advise?

Thank you

Roy Handley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

maybe you can test Product Code for university students ... BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

did you receive license file via email ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

No I didn't receive a license by e-mail. I checked this several times having read previous posts on the forum suggesting that this may happen.

Roy

Hi,

if I were you I would try new installation of Creo into new (this means different) installation directory. You do not have to uninstall current installation.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this for now.

Roy

Hi Martin

Tried a reinstall but can't get past the licensing screen without getting a failure.

Creo.png

Ron,

I have already seen Failure in several discussion. SImply ignore it. The only important thing is ... did you receive licensing email, now ? I hope that you were asked to login to PTC during installation.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin

Yes I did log in when requested.

No e-mail has arrived!

Roy

My blind shot ...

in Windows Explorer go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. It probably contains old license files. Move them somewhere else. When directory is empty, try new installation again.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin

I do not have a directory by that name but I assume you are referring to the location where the original license (received by e-mail) was placed?

I have been to that location and moved the expired license file but I still get failure when trying to re-license.

Roy

Hi,

maybe you can test Product Code for university students ... BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin

Thank you for this. This solution has worked and my Creo 3.0 is now working again!

Must confess that I don't really understand why this should be necessary but Thanks again anyway.

Roy

Hi Martin

Further to yesterdays discussion, I have today received via e-mail a license from "-" . However, the text of the e-mail refers throughout  to "PTC Creo 2.0 Student Edition".

Would this license file work with Creo 3.0?

I can't understand why the 'wrong' license has been sent when, presumably,  it was an attempt to re-license Creo 3.0 on my computer that prompted the e-mail!

Your comments would be much appreciated.

Roy

Roy,

I guess that email text is not up to date. Simply ignore it and open license file in Notepad.

Locate line similar to following one ...

INCREMENT CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3 ptc_d 34.0 ... and so on

CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3 ... license name

34.0 ... license version ... 34.0 = Creo 3.0

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin

Thank you for clarifying this. I have checked with Notepad and the license is indeed for Creo 3.0 so I have now successfully relicensed my copy using this e-mailed license rather than continuing to use the university code as previously suggested.

It is a pity that the e-mail text has not been updated as I am sure this will cause other users to pose the same questions as myself.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Roy

Top Tags