cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Recover Creo Part files

ptc-2654675
1-Newbie

Recover Creo Part files

I was working on a model for the whole night and there was a ower failure at my place and my laptop also had shutdoown unexpectedly. Now when I want to retrieve the files I couldnt. During startup of creo parametric, it asked if I wanted to retrieve and when I clicked to retrieve no files were opened. Please help me as those files took me along time to model.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You might look for the appropriate trail file, and maybe you can recover some part of the work if you can synch up the latest saved version with the right spot in the trail file to continue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately Sivaroopan, there is no automatic backup or save in Creo. The "Retrieve" option you mention is only there to retrieve the last saved version of the files you were working on. If you did not save your work there is no way to retrieve the models you lost.

Regards,

Adam

You might look for the appropriate trail file, and maybe you can recover some part of the work if you can synch up the latest saved version with the right spot in the trail file to continue.

Thanks to the both of you. Very helpful answers. I was finally able to recover my files. Thank you very much.

Top Tags