cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Recovering File that causes Mathcad to crash and hence is unable to be opened

ptc-5214541
1-Newbie

Recovering File that causes Mathcad to crash and hence is unable to be opened

Hi,

I am an absolute begineer, using Mathcad to do a uni assignment.

I have a file I have been working on for a few days that I cannot even open as it causes Mathcad to crash, I really need to retreive it or ill have to start again and the assignment is due soon

Any ideas as to how to go about it?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Sorry - I have no solution to offer.

I can just confirm that Mathcad 15 M020 would throw an unhandled exception error pointing to mfc80u.dll while trying to read the file.

Probably a bug which should be addressed.

The XML structure of the document seems to be OK on first sight.

Hi,

What type of calculation contains your file (whether inserted images, Excel tables in your worksheet)?

Just had the idea to try what would happen if I convert the sheet to Prime2 format.

I got an "Unexpected error encountered during conversion."

and the logfile says (and its not of help to me)

"Exception data:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): 6F

bei mcautomation.IMathcadWorksheets.Open(String pFileName)

bei ConverterLoader.XmcdToMcdxConverter.StartConverting(String originalFileName, String destinationFileName)

bei ConverterLoader.XmcdToMcdxConverter.TryConvertWorksheet(String originalFileName, String destinationFileName)

bei ConverterLoader.XmcdToMcdxConverter.ConvertWorksheet(String originalFileName, String destinationFileName, String mathcadVersion)"

BTW, I am not sure if anybody can help there, but your question sure would be better in the Mathcad section of this forum than in "academic program". Not many Mathcadians around here, I guess.

Top Tags