cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Registration failure on Creo 3.0/4.0 Student Edition

JonasWa
3-Visitor

Registration failure on Creo 3.0/4.0 Student Edition

Heyho PTC community,

I'm writing this post as a last resort as I'm heavily struggling with getting the student version of Creo installed. Whether it be 3.0 or 4.0, I'm always running into the same issue. I sadly am unable to give you exact error messages in English as my copy of Windows is locked to German, literal translations will have to suffice I suppose.

My issue: No matter what I try, upon entering the license key, the installer stalls for a good 20 seconds, gives me a green "Success!" message, lists the license entry in the field below with status "Invalid file or invalid format", the "Next>>" option stays greyed out. Things I tried to resolve the issue:

-Installers of Creo 3.0 and 4.0, 64-bit

-Unzipped through Windows Explorer as well as 7-Zip

-AV and Firewall entirely disabled at all times

-Tried internet connections via both Wifi and Ethernet

-Always ran .exe as administrator

-Used license keys from the corresponding PTC documents for Creo 3.0 and 4.0 student versions respectively, as well as slightly different keys my university provided (which never worked in the first place, always returned "Error!")

-Created a second PTC account with a different email address

-Deleted C:\ProgramData\PTC after every single attempt

-Checked license files several times, always found empty documents

The error remained through all of this and probably 20-30 attempts to install under various conditions. I'm completely clueless on this one. Neither Creo 3.0 nor Creo 4.0 would work. See attachment for a screenshot of the installer in the failed state.

The only remaining idea would be that it's caused by a recent GPU swap on my machine from a GTX 760 to a GTX 1070 Ti. I'm aware that some programs will link a product key to a GPU serial (had to reactivate quite a few programs after the swap), so a random shot in the dark is that it's trying to register Creo onto an old serial stored somewhere in Windows, yet sees a different serial on my new GPU when checking. Haven't tried swapping back yet though.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jonas

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:JonasWa)

Please submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

Thank you Vladimir, I have submitted my issue a couple days ago. I assume I am waiting for an email now, or is everything done through this website?

Best Regards

Jonas

Top Tags