cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Restore Sketcher Ribbon UI in the Creo Schools Configuration

nrensing
5-Regular Member

Restore Sketcher Ribbon UI in the Creo Schools Configuration

I had initially installed Creo 3.0 M040 with the schools configuration, but find that the "simplified" interface was too limiting - specifically too many tools were missing from the sketch ribbon. Is there a simple way to revert to the standard interface, other than deleting and reinstalling the program? Even better, is there a text file we can edit to pick and choose the customization? I know there's a graphical ribbon customization tool, but it's a pretty tedious way to reinstate commands if there are a lot of them.

Thanks

Noa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:nrensing)

Noa Rensing‌, my apologies, it is not the config.win file. Apparently it was moved to a new file with a .UI extension. The default UI changes for the Schools Configuration is located in the <install_folder>\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\text folder and its named creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui. You can remove this file and Creo will run without any UI changes. Unfortunately, all the UI changes are captured in a single file, so the Schools tab will be removed along with the Sketcher ribbon modifications.

There is a backup of the UI file located in the <install_folder>\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\creo_standards\config_files_schools if you ever want to get back to the UI changes provided with the Schools Configuration. You can just copy the file or run the setup to get it back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

All the UI customizations are located in file named config.win. You can rename, move or delete this file and the Creo UI will be restored to its original organization. This will let you keep the benefit of the school's configuration without keeping the ribbon changes.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Noa Rensing‌, my apologies, it is not the config.win file. Apparently it was moved to a new file with a .UI extension. The default UI changes for the Schools Configuration is located in the <install_folder>\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\text folder and its named creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui. You can remove this file and Creo will run without any UI changes. Unfortunately, all the UI changes are captured in a single file, so the Schools tab will be removed along with the Sketcher ribbon modifications.

There is a backup of the UI file located in the <install_folder>\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\creo_standards\config_files_schools if you ever want to get back to the UI changes provided with the Schools Configuration. You can just copy the file or run the setup to get it back.

nrensing
5-Regular Member
(To:sm)

Thanks! An undocumented feature? I had vaguely known about the config.win file and figured I just wasn't looking in the right directory. We're mostly training our students to run with the plain vanilla UI anyway, since we have Creo installed on a couple dozen machines at two different schools, and it would just be too hard to keep any customization synchronized.

Top Tags