cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Robotalk Question Regarding Component Placement in Assembly

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Robotalk Question Regarding Component Placement in Assembly

As the robot/assembly build becomes large, when you add a part it is quite far from the area of the assembly being worked on/viewed. Is there a way when a part is added, it is "close" to the current view so you don't have to constantly view our move the part reasonably close to where it is going to be connected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

The best way to resolve this is to add the following config.pro option to your session of Creo.

• comp_assemble_start set to move_then_place

This will place the component on your cursor allowing you to move it around on the screen before you start creating constraints. Once you click the left mouse button, the component will be dropped in the current location allowing you to manipulate it further and define its placement constraints.

I believe this config.pro option is setup in the standard schools configuration. You can get more information about that in the Discussion titled "Why should I use an Academic Configuration for PTC Creo 2.0?"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

The best way to resolve this is to add the following config.pro option to your session of Creo.

• comp_assemble_start set to move_then_place

This will place the component on your cursor allowing you to move it around on the screen before you start creating constraints. Once you click the left mouse button, the component will be dropped in the current location allowing you to manipulate it further and define its placement constraints.

I believe this config.pro option is setup in the standard schools configuration. You can get more information about that in the Discussion titled "Why should I use an Academic Configuration for PTC Creo 2.0?"

Top Tags