cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Running Creo on Laptop?

mbikers
1-Newbie

Running Creo on Laptop?

Does anyone here run Pro on a laptop? How is the performance? What laptops are you running it on?

I'd really like to be able to do that but I'm wondering if a laptop could handle the program well? I don't want it to just "run" like its doing on my older pc, but I'd like it to run well. If you can throw any specs, such as processor types and disc drive information my way that would be great.

Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2

I only Run Pro/E 5 on my laptop as i need the portability a laptop gives me and have had no problems with it running.

I have recently upgrades to a Dell Percision m4500 with 8gb Ram and an i7 processor and a 1gb grahpics card. I am aware that this is a top end machine so comes at a price. However before that i was runing a standard Hp machine with 4 gb ram duo core processors and stil was able to run Pro/E well. It did struggle with running product like Flo/EFD in Pro/E hence the reason for an upgrade. if you search the PTC website for system requirements or certified laptop/computers there is a list which have been tested to run on Pro/E

In genreal i would recomend Win7 over vista 64 bit

4GB ram

Decent graphics card

and best processor you can afford.

However most HP machines around this spec that i have come across have been able to run it.

I have had one person tunr up for Pro/E trainig with a netbook whci still managed to run it.

Do remeber its the rendering which takes the most power

Hope this helps.

I too am running Pro-e Wildfire 5.0 on laptops! It runs quite well on my older Dell Precision M70 and here at work it runs very well

on the Dell Precision M6400 Duo Core...

The portability is most important to be able to work on the products anywhere and everywhere!

Top Tags