cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Sample Models

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Sample Models

We are just about to start a new CAD course and we have some new faster cpu/gpus which will enable working with more complicated models (We are teaching ~90/session so hardware costs have been an issue). As a first task I was hoping to give the students a bit of time to get used to the Creo system and in particular the oreintation and view commands. 

We obviously have  some models that we could give them, but wondered if any of the nice models often wheeled out at PTC presentations/launches are available for use by students. e.g. the full sports car model.  Having a reasonably complicated model of a commercial system would hopefully engage the students more. We already have a model of a large engine and a animated engine we have developed for the course.

The hype of a nice model with the students ability for move/fly around it, section and generate orthographic and rendered views early in the corse would be probably enthuse them over the block of facing a complex piece of software to learn.

If anyone knows of any detailed model of a Car, Plane, train... freely downloadable I would grateful for a link.

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:cadcam)

cadcam
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for the pointer. I had been looking at GrabCAD but while there are some nice renderings I haven't yet found a full car model natively modelled in ProE/Creo. Ihave found some STEP/IGES models and some shells of cars. The nearest seems to be the world car, but it never seems to regenerate completely. There are notes on the web that there are parts missing, is there a full model somewhere?

Any direct links to full models of interesting assemblies would be gratefully received

many thanks

cadcam
12-Amethyst
(To:cadcam)

I have had another look at the PTC World Car model and started to sort out some of the issues. However I wonder if PTC could comment before i spend too much longer, as i assume they own the copyright

1) Are you happy if the model is made available to students as past of a course?

2) Would you be happy if it is modified prior to being made available? e.g. some model modifications and part names changed to be more understandable when looking for various components/assemblies etc

Many Thanks

Top Tags