cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Spinal Bend Missing!

anshulpro
1-Newbie

Spinal Bend Missing!

I am a Undergraduate in mechanical and automation engineering.

Yesterday i was practising "Advanced Modeling Tools"from my Pro/E book and came on the SPIRAL BEND option...acoording to the book the option can be evoked as-> Insert>Advanced>Spiral Bend

But the option is no more available there with that name!

Is it hidden somewhere else or it's just not available in "Creo Elements Pro Schools Edition"?

spinal bend.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This functionality is not available in the Schools edition of Creo Elements/Pro. If you are using an Academic license, it is only available in the Student edition or using the license from your university.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This functionality is not available in the Schools edition of Creo Elements/Pro. If you are using an Academic license, it is only available in the Student edition or using the license from your university.

In my college they have a Standard Edition but this is what i use on my personal laptop.

Should i copy something from the college like licence file or something?

Will that make my proe standard?...

I think PTC is getting really complicated on this licence system for university students....we should spent our time in learning or weather to see that the software is licenced or not...

Now i think now i have to talk to my Lab assistant for somehow installing the full version so that at least my learning don't get distrupted...:(

Thanks for the Reply...:)

Licensing for the latest edition, Creo 2.0 has been simplified to be only a free Student edition and a low cost Academic edition which includes additional functionality.

I have checked and the Student edition of Creo 2.0 includes the Spinal Blend functionality.

If you university is a customer, they will have a site license for Creo Elements/Pro setup on a server. They should enable you to point to this license for a license file which will include the Spinal Blend feature.

Sir,

I guess my university has a licence for the Pro/Engineer Wilfire 5.0.I'll Talk to the Lab Assistant later about this.

At the present moment i am learning from the Book that not for Creo 2.0,so i haven't installed "creo 2.0 School edition"....

The BOOK->http://www.cadcim.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ISBN=978-1-932-709-80-3

Also there is no book recently available in the market for "creo 2.0"...

I'll use the "spinal bend" then...till now i am happy with my progress as within 10-12 days i will complete the entire syllabus of my book...

Then i'll install "creo 2.0"....:)

Top Tags