cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Startup of application "MECHANISM" failed.

ahinic
1-Newbie

Startup of application "MECHANISM" failed.

Hello,i instlled creo 3.0 student edition and when i made model i went to assembly to made animation and when i click on ,,Mechanism,, creo give me:Startup of application "MECHANISM" failed.I really dont know where is the problem,i reinstlled few times

6 REPLIES 6
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:ahinic)

Did you specifically install Mechanism when installing the software?

This actually has to be selected in order to install.  Had the same issue when I 1st installed Creo.

i think i correcttly installed,how can i cpecifically install mechanism?i dont have this option,i have just for creo parametric,stimulate,layout and others...Thanks

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This option is under a different window.  You should be able to go back in and add Mechanism.  It will appear as it is doing a re-install but it should only install the mechanism link to the license.  Do not uncheck any of the other things installed already... it -will- uninstall them

I am not an installation guru, so I can only point you in the right direction.  I get hives just thinking about updating Creo

See here: Has the Mechanism Extension been un-bundeld from Creo?

Hi,

INFO: Mechanism Design is installed automatically during CR3 installation. Creo license file must contain Mechanism Design License (code 127) to enable user to use its functionality.

Unfortunatelly I have never seen Startup of application "MECHANISM" error message, therefore I do not know why it is displayed ...

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin.  I was not aware that they toggled the default in Creo 3.  It's been a while since I installed it.

Andrej, you can fill out a support form if nothing else works for you.

Try to use "Academic Support Request" from PTC:

Academic Case Logger

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Usual questions - what Operating system, what computer maker, what graphics card?

Top Tags