cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Steps needed for Clearing/Deleting Winchill Commonspace objects

erivas
1-Newbie

Steps needed for Clearing/Deleting Winchill Commonspace objects

Hi,

Is there a way to delete and/or clear Windchill Commonspace objects in Winchill's version for FRC? The idea is be able reload the assemblies and parts that seem have become disjointed from being able to be checked in or checked out? While trying to re-engage in the use Windchill with Creo 2.0, we ran into issues with objects being "orphaned". This is where objects appeared to be checked out by a person, yet when this person tried to checkin the object Windchill would respond by stating there is nothing to checkin. After this, we deleted all the objects in the workspace and when trying to resynch "anew" it states that the object already exists and it fails the upload. When I try to delete objects as a project manager that I want to re-upload it tells me I cannot because it is part of EPMWorkspace.

Regards,

Emil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:erivas)

Emil,

You are there. You just need to set the Retry option to "Remove from Workspace" for all the items and force removal from other user's workspaces. The file is not in your workspace, it is located in John Lacy's workspace.

delete_object.jpg

If you are going for a wholesale cleanout, you might want to ask team members to empty and/or remove their workspaces to avoid these conflicts.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Sounds like you are removing commonspace objects that are also located in a workspace. As the Project Manager, you should have the ability to over-ride this setting and chose to remove the workspace objeects at the same time.

Send me a PM with all the details and I'll take a peek at your project.

-Scott

erivas
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Scott and PTC Community Members,

Here are more pertinent details with corresponding screen shots.

No workspace is shown as I was able to successfully delete as seen below...

2015-02-02_130817.png

Will try to delete a single object from common space ....

2015-02-02_131013.png

Unsuccessful as seen below due to EPMWorkspace conflict...

2015-02-02_131055.png

Regards,

-Emil

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Emil,

You are there. You just need to set the Retry option to "Remove from Workspace" for all the items and force removal from other user's workspaces. The file is not in your workspace, it is located in John Lacy's workspace.

delete_object.jpg

If you are going for a wholesale cleanout, you might want to ask team members to empty and/or remove their workspaces to avoid these conflicts.

erivas
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Hi Scott,

Wow, thanks never would have guessed that I would have to set it to a "forcing mode" and then retry. It worked! Thanks!!!

-Emil

I've been trying this over and over.  I have it set to remove from workspace and it proceeds like everything is fine and when it refreshes the part is still there.  I am trying to blast everything out of windchill because we cannot get new versions to upload.  Failed, Failed, Failed.  We had the most recent iteration on a single computer so we saved it offline and deleted everything off of that workspace.  I still have a couple users to get deleted.  Maybe that will help.  maybe.

Top Tags