cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Student Expired license

eschmidt
1-Newbie

Student Expired license

Hello, 

So I'm trying to download PTC Creo 4.0 on my personal computer so I can work on homework at home. I had PTC Creo 3.0 on the same device a year ago for a different class but now when I try to download Creo 4.0 it keeps saying my license is expired. Every time I try to renew my license the system does not recognize my username and password. How can I get a license that isn't expired?

25 REPLIES 25
gonzocl
4-Participant
(To:eschmidt)

I've had the same problem for months and haven't been able to resolve it.

Hi,

according to my todays tests, when you launch setup-schools.exe, installation procedure will receive license file containing Creo 3.0 licenses instead of Creo 4.0 licenses.

Solution no.1:

• remove all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory
  • install Creo 3.0

Solution no.2:

• install Creo 4.0 ... launch setup.exe
  • enter Product Code BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL (if you are university student)
  • you will receive license file containing Creo 4.0 licenses

Martin Hanák

Solution no.3:

• install Creo 4.0 ... launch setup.exe
  • enter Product Code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12 (if you are K-12 student)
  • you will receive license file containing Creo 4.0 licenses

Martin Hanák
gonzocl
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

How about college students,  can they use that code too?

Hi,

if college student = university student then see Solution no.2:

Martin Hanák

Thanks so much, that solves it for me.

It is worth noting that the folder you refer to is hidden by default so you will have to get windows to show hidden folders first.

Hi,

I think I do not have to set show hidden directories property. I just insert C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing path into Windows Explorer address field and press ENTER.

Martin Hanák

Mine is still saying it is using the old download, how do I change that?

Hi,

I am sorry I do not understand your question. Please provide more details and attach picture of problematic window.

Martin Hanák
jtrinh
4-Participant

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your easy follow step 3.  

I am a K12 educator and has installed Creo 3 in the past which license has expired and been uninstalled.  I try to install Creo 4 per your instruction.  The program install successfully.  However, when lauching Creo parametric, I receive a "License request failed for feature".  

I also use the license received via email to no avail.  Any idea what the problem is and can it be resolved?

Advance thanks for your time and help.

Johann Trinh

Hi,

open parametric.psf file in Notepad (look into Parametric\bin directory in Creo 4.0 installation).

Locate the line which start with ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE text and set it as described below:

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat

Locate the line which start with ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE text and set it as described below:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_SchoolSTD4 ()

Martin Hanák
jtrinh
4-Participant

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help.

I follow your instruction and it still doesn't help.  I still receive the same license request failed for feature.

I notice that my license is BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat not BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat.  So, I revise the line accordingly to no avail.

Am I missing something?

By the way, I try to re-install Creo 3 education version and it is working.

Here is what my parametric.psf lines looks like without the << >>:

<< ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat
ENV=CREO_APP=PMA
ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_SchoolSTD4 () >> CREO4_LICENSE_FAILED.PNG

Hi,

Creo 3.0 Product code is BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12

BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat contains license for Creo 3.0, only. You cannot use this file to run Creo 4.0. License file contains following line:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3 ptc_d 34.0

where 34.0 = Creo 3.0 code

Creo 4.0 Product code is BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12

In your picture CREO4_LIC_SUCCESS.JPG I can see path C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat

If you look into C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory can you see BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file ?

License file contains following line:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_SchoolSTD4 ptc_d 35.0

where 35.0 = Creo 4.0 code

Suggestion:

• move all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory somewhere else
  • uninstall Creo 4.0
    • PTC Creo Parametric Version 4.0 (and other applications - Simulate, Layout, ...)
    • PTC Creo 4 Platform Services
    • PTC Creo 4 Quality Agent
  • install Creo 4.0, use Product code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12

Martin Hanák
jtrinh
4-Participant

Hi Martin,

I do see the file BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat in the C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.  

However, the line is not as shown but like this INCREMENT CREOPMA_SchoolSTD4 ptc_d 35.0 28-sep-2018 \.

Anyway, I remove the license file, re-install Creo 4 and edit the parametric.psf file as aforementioned.  Everything is working fine now.

Your support and help is greatly appreciated.

Martin,

What did you mean by "set it" as described below?

Thanks,

Steve

@mzx5zg wrote:

Martin,

What did you mean by "set it" as described below?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I am sorry I do not understand your question. You did not specify the date&time of my previous reply.

Martin Hanák

I am installing CREO 4.0 program for the second time.  I am receiving a license error- see attached.  The error message says "ERROR IN LICENSE PROCESSING.  PLEASE CONTACT PTC LICENSE MANAGEMENT."

I don't have CREO 3.0 on my computer.  How do I fix this?  Do I need to install CREO 3.0?  

Thank you.

Why did I receive the product code ending in EDK12 instead of UNICL?  I am in college.

Hi,

K-12       students can use Product code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL

for Creo 4.0 installation.

Martin Hanák
TomM
4-Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem and i want to know which solution to use in my case, to do Udemy Mooc and take the ptc learning connector courses.

Thank you !

TomM
4-Participant
(To:TomM)

Solved with the setup.exe and the University students code.

Hi
The code BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL doesnt work to next step. Can u explain how to do to get the license for students?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ek2)

Hi,

BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL belongs to Creo 4.0.

I guess that you need to install Creo 5.0. If this is the case then use:

K-12       students can use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

Also read:

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_unistudent_standard.pdf

Martin Hanák
Mech
1-Newbie
(To:eschmidt)

Fought for hours finally got 4.0 up and running error free. After deleting all old product licenses in c:\programdata\ptc\liicensing and an initial run of setup.exe using BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL product code the error was still present. Went back to c:\programdata\ptc\liicensing BK410705EDSTUDENTUNICL. Dat was present but creo couldn’t locate the file. Drag and drop the file into the Med-100win-cd-410_m30_win64 folder with the product files, click setup.exe again, select reconfigure existing software, then drag the BK...license.dat file into the license summary, source bar and click next. Should fix the problem.
Top Tags