cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Student Licenses Issue

bradknisley
5-Regular Member

Student Licenses Issue

I get this error message when I launch creo 6 Student version. 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

see my reply (‎2019-09-10 01:36 PM) in https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Discussions/licence-issue/m-p/626034#M10822 discussion.

Martin Hanák
bradknisley
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

So the doc needs to be updated. I dont download the software, I download a tool to make the download of the software faster. Once I unzip that I get three exe, setup.exe, setup-school.exe, and setup-trial.exe. So after the download almost all of the document is wrong compared to what actions I take to do the install. I put this in for my licenses file BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12, it take me to my PTC account, I enter that in and it installs. 

But removing all old files does make it work now, thanks for the help.

@bradknisley wrote:

So the doc needs to be updated. I dont download the software, I download a tool to make the download of the software faster. Once I unzip that I get three exe, setup.exe, setup-school.exe, and setup-trial.exe. So after the download almost all of the document is wrong compared to what actions I take to do the install. I put this in for my licenses file BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12, it take me to my PTC account, I enter that in and it installs. 

But removing all old files does make it work now, thanks for the help.

I do not believe that downloading a 4GB zip file was a problem today...

Martin Hanák
bradknisley
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

No the download was not the issue for sure.

Top Tags