cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Student Trial Interfering With Purchased Version?

ptc-6862960
1-Newbie

Student Trial Interfering With Purchased Version?

I registered for a student trial version of Creo Parametric about a week ago. There were some problems and for some reason my student license expired in about 4 minutes when it was supposed to last for 30 days. I emailed - about this; they just sent me the generic installation guide for Creo. I asked my instructor if I could actually install Creo (trying to get Parametric) at my house, and he said I should be able to since I'm enrolled in his class and I paid for the licence he told me to. Well, I managed to install it, but now I can't open it due to an error that reads;

License request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_Student2 ...

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.datSmiley Sad-21) License file does not support this version.

Displaying status for license file: C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat

License In Use Free Version Expire Date SCN

------- ------ ---- ------- ---------- -----

CREODMA_Student2 Uncounted 33.0 06-feb-2016 Student2 Locked to: 00-11-F5-14-ED-69

CREOPMA_Student2 Uncounted 33.0 06-feb-2016 Student2 Locked to: 00-11-F5-14-ED-69

CREOLAY_Student2 Uncounted 33.0 06-feb-2016 Student2 Locked to: 00-11-F5-14-ED-69

I seems that the reason I can't use Creo is that my student trial version is getting in the way of the version that is paid and prepared for. Any idea what I should do to fix my problem? I don't think I installed it wrong, but it's always possible. Thanks in advance for taking a look into things.

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

As I can get from your post, you downloaded Creo 2.0 on your computer and licensed it using Student Standard Edition.

Except for this license that is still active on your computer, you also purchased a Creo 2.0 Academic Edition product code.

Am I correct untill now?

Did you manage to install your paied license on the computer? Is that license also for Creo 2.0?
Could you try to change the state of your wireless and try opening Creo again? You may get this error if during the licensing process you used a Wifi connection and after that you disable it, or if you used a land line cabled internet connection and now you are running wireless.

Please provide more information if changing the state of your wireless network card won't help.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags