cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for Advanced Robotalk Sessions in November?

Re: Suggestions for Advanced Robotalk Sessions in November?

Scott,

First thank you for scheduling another Robotalk session specific to using Windchill in Creo. The document you posted today on how to import the KOP is extremely useful. We will read it and try things out before the Robotalk session. Here are some of the things we need help with.

1) What is the best practice in terms of whether to upload everything in KOP to Windchill or leave it on local computer and only upload the file that is needed? What is the pros and cons? Can you demonstrate how to upload a local model so we can see how easy or hard it is? This will help us decide which way to go.

2) In Creo Parametric in the Common Folders tab, can you explain what is the difference between Workspace and Windchill cabinets? When I click on Windchill cabinets, inside there somewhere is another Workspace. This is what gets me confused. Where are files stored and when do I have to upload them? How do others on the team find out I uploaded a file?

3) Do all CAD files have to be in the same folder? If part files get moved, will the connection in the assembly be "broken"?

4) If our team create all of CAD models in and share in Windchill, is it possible to still have a local copy at all times in case there is no internet connection or the server is down? Is that the Workspace? Where does the Workspace reside, local or in Germany? If not, how do we periodically download everything to our CAD computer so there is a backup. We work many long hours. We cannot afford not having access to our CAD models especially the first 4 weeks.

Please address these issues here or on the next RoboTalk. Thank you so much for helping us.

Ed