cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Task Manager working as designed?

wrunck-2
1-Newbie

Task Manager working as designed?

I'm having trouble assigning, accepting or reassigning tasks (action items). I get a message stating that I can only reassign workflow tasks that I own or are in an object that I manage. I doubt I manage the context, but I created the task and assigned it to myself, so I thought I should be able to reassign.

Anyone else having this trouble? It seems to happen with both a Site and a FIRST level account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

The best wayt to work with the Tasks table is to set the View to All Action Items or All Plan Items. This will dynamically change the Actions menu and the toolbar icons to capabilites that support these Task types.

ActionItems.png

The Tasks table supports all types of tasks in Windchill; Action Items, Workflow Tasks, Resource Assignements, Activities, Milestones, etc. When the view is set to All, you will have access to all the Actions and some of them are not applicable to others.

For instance, you cannot Accept, Decline or Reassign an Action Item or Plan Activity, but you can perform these actions on a Workflow task, such as an Approval Routing.

Another big use of Tasks is for Windchill Change Management, but this capability is not enabled on this server.

You can learn more about Tasks by reading the Windchill Help Center topic named "Tasks Tables".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

The best wayt to work with the Tasks table is to set the View to All Action Items or All Plan Items. This will dynamically change the Actions menu and the toolbar icons to capabilites that support these Task types.

ActionItems.png

The Tasks table supports all types of tasks in Windchill; Action Items, Workflow Tasks, Resource Assignements, Activities, Milestones, etc. When the view is set to All, you will have access to all the Actions and some of them are not applicable to others.

For instance, you cannot Accept, Decline or Reassign an Action Item or Plan Activity, but you can perform these actions on a Workflow task, such as an Approval Routing.

Another big use of Tasks is for Windchill Change Management, but this capability is not enabled on this server.

You can learn more about Tasks by reading the Windchill Help Center topic named "Tasks Tables".

wrunck-2
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Ah so. My first use of the Task list was with workflows for change packages and promotion requests, so I didn't realize that Action Items and Plan Activities were not reassignable.

For anyone else wrestling with this, just right click the AI, edit and change ownership in the attributes.

Top Tags