cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Texturing

ptc-4594446
1-Newbie

Texturing

Hi guys,

I would like to know about how to add a texture to an object (wood) I know how to add color, but I would like a texture.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In short, when you create a new appearance (color) you can go the the Map tab and add a Bump file to it. You can Google and find bump map files.

Here are the instructions from Help:

1. In the Map tab, click the Bump, Color Texture, or Decal swatch to specify the image to be used for the respective map.
  2. For Bump, you can choose the type of texture from Rough, Cast, Leather, or Image.
  3. Change the bump Height and Scale as needed.
  4. Click OK to finish defining the appearance. The new appearance is available in the My Appearances palette in the Appearance Gallery.
  5. Click OK in the Appearance Editor or Close in the Appearances Manager to close the dialog box.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In short, when you create a new appearance (color) you can go the the Map tab and add a Bump file to it. You can Google and find bump map files.

Here are the instructions from Help:

1. In the Map tab, click the Bump, Color Texture, or Decal swatch to specify the image to be used for the respective map.
  2. For Bump, you can choose the type of texture from Rough, Cast, Leather, or Image.
  3. Change the bump Height and Scale as needed.
  4. Click OK to finish defining the appearance. The new appearance is available in the My Appearances palette in the Appearance Gallery.
  5. Click OK in the Appearance Editor or Close in the Appearances Manager to close the dialog box.

Is this on wildfire 5?

Wildfire 5, Creo Elements/Pro and very similar in Creo Parametric 1 & 2.

Top Tags