cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Trouble installing Student Edition

ptc-2816891
1-Newbie

Trouble installing Student Edition

The installer gets to the point of "Copy Files" and hangs at 2%. Tried to install on my note book and of course I got the message that I had no furthur license files available. Any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

David,

You are having a problem with the Web install, some users encounter this and some don't. The best thing to do is download the entire installation DVD at http://apps.ptc.com/schools/Creo_ElementsPro_Student_DVD.zip.

This is a large download, approximately 3.6GB so unless you have a very fast connection, I would suggest you use a download manager such as Free Download Manager, this will allow you to stop and restart the download if necessary.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam

The install went better and the application opens, but now I get an error message about the license file "License request failed for feature - Requesting PROE StudentEditions 5...

C:\Program Files\Creo Elements\Pro Student Edition\text\licensing\licensing.dat: (-2) Invalid license file syntax"

Any help on this.

Thanks again

David Campfield

David,

All Academic support should go through our PTC Academic Support page where you can find a solution yourself or if you can't find a solution, submit a support request from the bottom of the Request Academic Support tab.

Thanks,

Adam

I am also having this problem with the academic edition of creo paramteric.

wht i your OS?

Top Tags