cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

URGENT: Removing "Used density" in the Model Properties

eandersson-2
1-Newbie

URGENT: Removing "Used density" in the Model Properties

Hello,

I did a mass properties calculation with assigned material. When I was finished I removed the material assiged but the density under "Mass Properties" was still filled in. I need to remove all material data on my part before I can check it in do to company standards.

However, I cannot enter the value 0 into the density dialog box.

If anyone can help me with this problem I would be very grateful.

/Emma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no way to run a mass properties calculation with a model density, that is why you cannot set it back to "0". You'll need to assign it the density of the actual material you are using. You can do this manually, or assign one of the exisitng materials available in Creo to your model. Materials are assigned by selection File, Prepare, Model Properties then chose "change" from the Material row. If the material you need is not available, you can look it up on http://www.matweb.com/ and then just enter the proper density.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There is no way to run a mass properties calculation with a model density, that is why you cannot set it back to "0". You'll need to assign it the density of the actual material you are using. You can do this manually, or assign one of the exisitng materials available in Creo to your model. Materials are assigned by selection File, Prepare, Model Properties then chose "change" from the Material row. If the material you need is not available, you can look it up on http://www.matweb.com/ and then just enter the proper density.

Try this:

FILE - PREPARE - MODEL PROPERTIES - row Mass Properties click CHANGE - see picture below

density.JPG

1. set Geometry and parameters --- it allows set MASS manualy

2. set Mass=0

Note: In thise case density isn´t used for mass properties calculations.ProE use "fix set" mass...

Top Tags