cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Upgrading Creo 2.0 License

ptc-5001852
1-Newbie

Upgrading Creo 2.0 License

I currently have Creo 2.0 Student Edition installed on my computer and have recently obtained a license for Creo 2.0 Academic Edition. Is it possible to update the license of my current installation to gain access to the student edition's locked features, without having to reinstall the program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This document will show you how to reconfigure your Simulate license. I created it last week after configuring my own, hope it helps.

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You should be able to reconfigure your Creo 2.0 Parametric installation/license using the reconfigure.exe file found at "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin".

Cool, thanks! I'll let you know if it worked as soon as my product code is sent.

I've been able to activate Creo Parametric under the new license (the title bar now reads Academic Edition). However, the 20 or so applications that are packaged with Creo Academic Edition (such as Creo Simulation), are still unavailable. I receive an "Unable to get required [application] license. Please contact your sales representative" message when I attempt to access a locked feature.

Do I need to seperatly actaviate each application via an executable in the program files, and how do I gain access to applications that are not yet installed on my machine?

This document will show you how to reconfigure your Simulate license. I created it last week after configuring my own, hope it helps.

Regards,

Adam

Okay, reinstalling Creo and following Adam's document fixed the issue.

Special thanks to the Adam, Curtis, and the rest of PTC Academic Support team for their help!

Top Tags