cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Using different versions of Creo and Pro/E on one computer (from work)

AdamHaas
1-Newbie

Using different versions of Creo and Pro/E on one computer (from work)

Using Creo and Windchill in support of a FIRST team from your work computer could be causing problems for you. The number one reason we see problems with this is due to firewall settings on corporate networks. Even here at PTC we have problems getting to some sites or accessing certain data.

Reason number two is conflicts caused when using two different versions of Creo (i.e., Creo 1.0 and Wildfire 4) on the same computer and also using the same cache folder.

In this example, the company uses Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and his team is using Creo 1.0, each obviously pointing to a different Windchill server. The following instructions will show you how to change the location of the workspace cache files used by his FIRST Creo 1.0 install/connection (I do not suggest changing your work cache location😞

1. Exit Creo 1.0.
  2. At C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Parametric\bin, you will find a .psf file, most likely named parametric1.psf. Open this file in a text editor.
  3. Add the line of text shown below in red, then save the file and restart Creo.

Note that in this example the user's id is “sparty”; this will be different for everyone. Also, the path is for XP, it will be different on Win7 computers:

// PTC - PSF file: parametric

//

PRODUCT=Creo Parametric

DESC=Creo (default)

SHIPCODE=M020

CREO_COMMON_FILES=Common Files\M020

//

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\Documents and Settings\sparty\Application Data\PTC\Creo\.creo

ENV=INTRALINK_DIR=__INTRALINK_DIR__

ENV=ILINK_CMD_NAME=__ILINK_CMD_NAME__

ENV=INTRALINK_CMD=%INTRALINK_DIR%\bin\%ILINK_CMD_NAME%

……

Note: That path to the workspace cache used by the corporate IT department could vary greatly from the one used in this example. You can define the path to your creo cache to be any local folder you want it to be in.

I hope this helps those of you out there supporting FIRST from the office, during lunch or after work only .

Regards,

Adam

1 REPLY 1
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:AdamHaas)

This one worked for me!

Thanks again Adam!

Oh yeah, right now it's more like before work, lunch, after work, when I'm supposed to be sleeping and sometimes I think while I'm sleeping

Top Tags