cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Viewing Creo Files In Windchill

FTC_8521
1-Newbie

Viewing Creo Files In Windchill

Is there a way we can have a preview of the CREO file in windchill so we don't have to memorize the names of all the parts? We have looked into using thumbnails, but there does not seem to be an option to do that. Is there any way of doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:FTC_8521)

No work on your part. The files are published to Creo View on Check in. You can see them on the Details page if you click on the round "i" button. The thumbnail column will be added to the views next week.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Today is the day for thumbnails

PTC forgot to turn add the Thumbnail Navigation column in all the views. For now, just create a new view by copying the existing All view and add the Thumbnail Navigation column. I have already submitted the request, so I hope to have it enabled next week.

FTC_8521
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

We are quite new to this, and don't know where the "All view" and "thumbnail navigation" columns are. Could you please let us know where these columns are?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Check out this video from NexRev. It creates the view in a workspace, but the concept is the same for a folder view in your project. If you don't want to mess with it, just wait until next week and it will be added for you.

We are going to wait for the thumbnails. Is there anything we need to do to enable them, or should they just automatically be in the project in about a week?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

No work on your part. The files are published to Creo View on Check in. You can see them on the Details page if you click on the round "i" button. The thumbnail column will be added to the views next week.

Top Tags