cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

WF 5.0 M050 Schools - Complains doc recovery is on server. So what?

DaleMahalko
1-Newbie

WF 5.0 M050 Schools - Complains doc recovery is on server. So what?

So anyway I am setting up roaming profiles with redirection for my new Windows domain, and I have Pro/E schools edition on one of the test computers, and the Home directory set to N: (\\lhs.internal\ns\users\AccountName). (DFS Share)

At startup and exit, Pro/E complains to me that the document recovery files are being saved on the server, and scolds me to choose a local path.

Listen, we have gigabit to the desktop. I am not the slightest bit concerned about network file performance, and we are never going to be editing objects with hundreds or thousands of part/assembly files.

I would kindly like to silence these nagging warnings from Pro/E.

3 REPLIES 3

Can you send me a screenshot of that message at - ?

Hi Dale,

WF5 requires that you set the working directory (startup Directory) to a designated drive on your machine...mapped are local. We do not allow UNC input - \\lhs.internal\ns\users\AccountName as the directory.

You stated you have N mapped to \\lhs.internal\ns\users\AccountName. Can you please confirm that....and confirm you are not using \\lhs.internal\ns\users\AccountName during install as the startup directory?

Can you run a test for me as well.

Can you right mouse button click on the startup Icon on your desktop and choose properties?

What is in the startup field of the dialog? Can you set it to a local drive on your machine? Does the program start?

Thanks,,

Mark

I have found a fix for this message, so that it uses a UNC anyway, as a mapped drive.

The Windows environment variable %HOMEDRIVE% resolves to N:

which resolves to a UNC path: "\\lhs.internal\ns\acct\Staff\mahadal"

Add the following to the end of the startup text file at:

"C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Schools Edition\text\config.pro"

!
! Fix complaint about trace files on a UNC:
last_session_directory_path %HOMEDRIVE%
! Note that %HOMEDRIVE% is the mapped drive
! letter for the user's UNC profile path.
!

Top Tags