cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

We're Moving from Inventor to Creo Parametric

fpendzich
1-Newbie

We're Moving from Inventor to Creo Parametric

I want to avoid saying... Inventor did this, but how do you do it in Creo? However...

Inventor allowed us to setup a project folder on a network drive and associated a library of parts with the folder allowing more than one student to work with the folder at a time. Is there an equivalent using PTC Creo.

Also... Can someone recommend a structure... or a phillosphy on how to get started. Meaning... I've always tought my students a basic configuration and a folder structure to setup before anything is drawn.

Any recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:fpendzich)

Hi Frank,

Creo allows multiple settings for working directories, libraries, start parts, etc. These can all be set in the Options menu. You can set up a shared Google drive, network drive or whatever.

My personal suggestion would be to use Windchill. This allows versioning and locking of files. Keeps people from stepping on each other's toes and is a common storage method for big companies. You can register and find more information here http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/k12/students/first/windchill-registration

FIRST_Windchill.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:fpendzich)

Hi Frank,

Creo allows multiple settings for working directories, libraries, start parts, etc. These can all be set in the Options menu. You can set up a shared Google drive, network drive or whatever.

My personal suggestion would be to use Windchill. This allows versioning and locking of files. Keeps people from stepping on each other's toes and is a common storage method for big companies. You can register and find more information here http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/k12/students/first/windchill-registration

FIRST_Windchill.jpg

Top Tags