cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Welding Symbols in WF5 Student Edition

MarkM
1-Newbie

Welding Symbols in WF5 Student Edition

When I try to apply a weld in WF5 student edition I get a message indicating that the Weld symbol library was generated in the Commercial Edition, and cannot be opened in the Student Edition.

Please see attached file. This (and the lack of Manikin files, and who knows what other deficiencies are lurking) should be brought to the attention of PTC's Quality Assurance department, if they even have one any more.

It's unfortunate that this doesn't work. The students in my class were eager to see the welding capabilities in Pro/E, but I couldn't demonstrate them. The students really liked my demo of the welding tools in Solidworks 2010, however.

11 REPLIES 11

Hello Mark,

This is a known problem and we are trying to fix it.

In the meantime, can you please replace the existing symbols folder with the one attached?

Thanks,

Vali

Thanks. It works for ANSI welds, but I get the same message now when I try to convert to ISO weld standards.

I get that same box when I try to make any weld. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in thes student version?

The file C\Program Files\ProENGINEER Student edition\symbols\library_syms\weldsymlib\ansi_weld\simple\spot.sym was created with a commercial version of ProENGINEER and is not compatible with the version of ProENGINEER you are running.

Hello

The symbols.zip are updated, please let us know if there are any other problems with the files.

Thanks,

Vali

Thanks Vali,

It looks like they work now, at least for me they do.

John

Thank you for your feedback John!

Vali

I don't see where you start a new topic, but since this one was about the student edition, I would like to ask another question. When I try to insert a table in a drawing from a file, I go the the directory and I find the following *.tbl files. All of them say they were created with a commercial version of Pro/e. Can I get a set that was created with the student edition? The ones below are the only *.tbl files that I could find, and these are the ones that give the error message.

dgm_bom.tbl

dgm_bom_layer.tbl

dgm_wirelist.tbl

dgm_wl_layer.tbl

Thank you in advance,

John

Hello John,

Please find attached the converted files.

The new release of Student Edition will include all the fixes.

Thanks for your message,

Vali

When will the new version fixing the incorrect files be released and how will educational users be able to download it?

Anyone know when an update will be released to fix this problem?

Vali, i can't seem to get the welds symbols to work...downlaoded yr zip file and replaced the existing files.

But I still get the message about commercial version...any suggestions?

Steven

Top Tags