cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Why so quiet?

JoshH
3-Visitor

Why so quiet?

I've been checking for updates on here lately and aside from Eunice's fantastic blog, all seems to be REALLY quiet!

I know the teams I'm working with are running wild with ideas on shooting discs, picking them up and climbing the tower.

Is anybody else out there using the field to get a basic feel for the scale of this year's game?

How about using 2D sketches to compute trajectories or the field components for developing a climbing robot?

field.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Guilty as charged!

I have been visitng teams in the NE area and intrigued by all the interest in climbing the pyramid. Why is it everyone chooses the most complex challenge FIRST puts in front of them as their primary objective?

I started a thread on Cheif Delphi on linear shooters vs. circular shooters and it just took off. What's your team considering? Also curious who's building a shooter and who's going for the quick points by dumping discs in the lower goal?

Lots of strategies to consider this season.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:sm)

I guess it really depends on the team and their experience. My expectation is that all teams will be able to build a first level hanger/climber. I think there's always the expectation that to be a championship team, you will have to be good at everything.

I will have to go find that shooter on Delphi. One of my teams is doing circular and another is doing straight. The main concern seems to be the material they're using for the shooting wheel.

I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about picking up Frisbees. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those mechanisms!

Top Tags