cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Why won't my Mathcad Prime 1 (Mathcad15) (Student Edition) open?

ptc-1797743
1-Newbie

Why won't my Mathcad Prime 1 (Mathcad15) (Student Edition) open?

I have installed this software according to the instructions provided (including obtaining the license) and it seems to complete satisfactorily; but when I try to open it from either the shortcut installed or from the Start menu absolutely nothing happens -- no message, no blinks, and no window. The Task Manager shows no application open. So I cannot follow any of the suggestions under Mathcad Options listed in the instructions. As a side issue, two discs came in the package with the only difference in labeling being date version M005 and M010. No information was provided regarding them. I have tried installing each (after uninstalling the other), with the same apparent success in installing and failure to execute. The only deviation from the installation instructions was that instead of installing, then opening the software to obtain the license, the installation procedure incorporatedobtraining the license, so that when it finished, Mathcad was not open. And I have not found any way of contact Mathcad for a clue about what the problem might be. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

What version of Windows OS are you using? Send a description of your problem to PTC's technical support by using "Mathcad Support Center", here: http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

Top Tags