cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill Not Working - Message: database 'tempdb' is full

pmedina-3
1-Newbie

Windchill Not Working - Message: database 'tempdb' is full

Windchill appears to be non-functioning at 4:50PM CST

We have internet, and are online with windchil, but cannot see any files in windchill.

Does anyone know if it's a windchill issue, or local issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Fixed! The tempdb has been cleared and resized and the server has been restarted to get everyone back online. Apologies for the down time, especially during the FRC build season. It was not our intention and PTC will continue to monitor and maintain this server to make sure it has the high availability everyone has come to expect.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:pmedina-3)

I can access it from a browser right now. There is a planned reboot to resize the data tables tomorrow morning, but it should be okay right now.

nrensing
5-Regular Member

We are getting in but the folders are empty. Is this the same as the problem with the database size that we had last year? If so, how far back will the parts be rolled back.

pmedina-3
1-Newbie

It's not working at all, folders are all empty, even the files in my local workspace are now all new files and Creo says it cannot open the files.

Is there any way of getting tech support for this?

Windchill has been down for me since 1PM EST.  I can access folders, but it is showing my files in my Workspace as "Previous revision already checked out by you".  This is the same error for all of my teammates as well.

The server being down COULD NOT come at a worse time...

Please - someone from PTC, we need this addressed ASAP....    

Yep, we're all stuck here.  We can see all of our folders (and a few parts we stored outside the CAD Models folder), but everything else is empty.  I am getting the error: "ERROR: The transaction log for database 'tempdb' is full due to 'ACTIVE_TRANSACTION'.

We are dead in the water until we can get this fixed.

Rande Johnson

Mentor, FRC4931, FTC8620, FTC9998

BTW. I can also view it in a browser and then see my recently updated parts in Creo View.  Those are the only parts I can see, and anyone else who hasn't uploaded anything recently cannot see any parts.

Yep, getting same reports from 1671 and 3970.

I was initially able to see objects in my external browser.  I cannot connect to the server, so I deleted my server location and tried to register again, with no luck.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:pmedina-3)

Sorry about that, it looks like we scheduled the DB resizing a day late. The error message is:

Message:The transaction log for database 'tempdb' is full due to 'ACTIVE_TRANSACTION'.

This should be resolved by tomorrow's restart that will give the admin's time to resize the tempdb.

Apologies for the outage. We do our best to monitor and maintain the DB sizes to make sure this does not happen. I'll chat with the admins to see if we can adjust the monitoring threshold to make sure there is enough time to react without causing down time.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Fixed! The tempdb has been cleared and resized and the server has been restarted to get everyone back online. Apologies for the down time, especially during the FRC build season. It was not our intention and PTC will continue to monitor and maintain this server to make sure it has the high availability everyone has come to expect.

Thanks for the help Scott.

For everyone out there - I was still having issues even after Scott's message this morning that the server was restarted.  I deleted the server from my server management, closed Creo, reopened Creo, reopened server management, readded the server and things were back to normal.

Scott - if you have a better method to fix that, please chime in   I'm going to work through that fix with the rest of our team members.

Best

Brandon   

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:bholley)

By default, the Creo Server Mgr will report the server as "offline" since it was technically offline yesterday. When you start Creo, just right mouse click on the server name and remove the "offline" checkmark. This will sync you local workspaces and get you back online. You should not need to remove and then add the server connection.

server_mgr.jpg

Top Tags