cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill basic training resources

ptc-4903337
1-Newbie

Windchill basic training resources

Dear PTC community, I have a question about the training resouces that are available to students. I am on an FRC team and I am supposed to use PTC Windchill for eligibility to a grant that my team applied for. My mentor has already started the project, and I can access it from my PTC account.

Lewis Hicks

Captain

FRC Team 1432

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4903337)

Lewis, it would be more exciting to hear that you "wanted" to learn more about Windchill to understand how it could give your team a competetive advantage vs. just meeting your eligibility requirements. I know, I know. Just kidding. We're all overbooked and busy these days. To get started, you've got a couple of choices at this point.

If you have questions along the way, you can post them here any time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4903337)

Lewis, it would be more exciting to hear that you "wanted" to learn more about Windchill to understand how it could give your team a competetive advantage vs. just meeting your eligibility requirements. I know, I know. Just kidding. We're all overbooked and busy these days. To get started, you've got a couple of choices at this point.

If you have questions along the way, you can post them here any time.

I do think it will provide an advantage, and I am willing to learn it, but I am very busy. It takes a lot of work to do all of the programming, wiring, team management, and project management, alongside regular mechanical work. Thanks for providing resources to start with, I think they will be helpful.

Hey Lewis,

I've mentored teams using Windchill for several years now. My advice...keep it simple. Only use one folder for all your files. Start with checking in one part at a time. Maybe work on uploading the kit of parts first.

Ask questions here on the forum. Scott's a great help for teams and I do my best to lend a hand.

Good luck!

Josh

Top Tags