cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

cannot install Creo elements 5

SyntaxERROR
1-Newbie

cannot install Creo elements 5

I had this software on my computer last year, so It shouldn't be a compatibility issue, but I am unable to finish the install of the cad software. I have had an active account with PTC for over a year, and the activating of the product worked great. I was able to generate a license file and all that. When it gets to the copy files page (with the green progress bar) it inevitably hangs at 1% or 2%. I have been told that this can take a long time if you have slow internet, but I have had the installer running for 6+ hours now. if your not familiar with the screen or step I am talking about then I attached a screen shot for you. I am running windows vista sp2 home premium.

8 REPLIES 8

Jakob,

I looks like you install ProE using WEB installer. I suggest you to download complete installation package (3.5GB), unzip it (I use 7-zip software to do this) and run setup.exe from your harddisk.

Martin

Martin Hanák

thanks.

where can i find this other download?

Jakob,

try http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

You must have user account at PTC.

Martin

Martin Hanák

thanks I will try that today (while i am at school)

it didn't work. apparently my account doesn't have "sufficient privledges" to access that page.

Jacob,

I think that "insufficient priviledges" means "you are not paying maintenance". Also this message explains, why you are not able to finish installation through WEB installer ... simply you don't have access to installation media.

I you use commercial licence of ProE, then you must have installation CD/DVD somewhere in your office. PTC sends installation package to every new customer.

If you decide to buy maintenance, then PTC "opens the gates" and you will be able to download installation media.

That's all.

Good luck.

Martin

Martin Hanák

Is that the case even with a student edition?

This was the student version that I was trying to download. I fixed my problem however, I was able to get the student version on a disk from a friend, this was fortunate, because it would have taken me at least 3 days to download the software.

Top Tags