cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

corrupt file message when trying to extract CREO after download

ptc-5334286
1-Newbie

corrupt file message when trying to extract CREO after download

I am getting an error mesage that the file is either corrupt or invalid when I trying to extract the files from the downloaded zip file of Creo version 2. I am using Windows XP and the downloaded file size is 4.2 Gb.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5334286)

Hi Michael,

This is a relatively common issue, and here are the most common reasons why this can happen...

1. The download is incomplete. Often this happens due to an unstable / slow connection and can be fixed by going to a faster network.
  2. The program you are using to extract the files is not able to do it correctly for some reason. My recommendation for this would be try to another unzipping program such as 7-zip, winzip, winrar or the default windows extractor. Since it looks like your download is complete I would believe this would be the best solution for you.
  3. An anti-virus / anti-malware is corrupting the file as / after you download it. This is happens less often than the first two reasons but you should still be aware of it. If neither of the solutions for 1 or 2 work then I would recommend turning off your anti-virus and trying the download again.

Another common solution that a lot of people will do is to download the DVD on another computer that is preferably on another network. Once the download finished, use the other computer to extract the files and then use a flash drive to move the folder back. This will bypass all three of the above problems and if it is an option for you, will probably be easiest.

Please let me know if the problem persists! Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5334286)

Hi Michael,

This is a relatively common issue, and here are the most common reasons why this can happen...

1. The download is incomplete. Often this happens due to an unstable / slow connection and can be fixed by going to a faster network.
  2. The program you are using to extract the files is not able to do it correctly for some reason. My recommendation for this would be try to another unzipping program such as 7-zip, winzip, winrar or the default windows extractor. Since it looks like your download is complete I would believe this would be the best solution for you.
  3. An anti-virus / anti-malware is corrupting the file as / after you download it. This is happens less often than the first two reasons but you should still be aware of it. If neither of the solutions for 1 or 2 work then I would recommend turning off your anti-virus and trying the download again.

Another common solution that a lot of people will do is to download the DVD on another computer that is preferably on another network. Once the download finished, use the other computer to extract the files and then use a flash drive to move the folder back. This will bypass all three of the above problems and if it is an option for you, will probably be easiest.

Please let me know if the problem persists! Thanks!

Top Tags