cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

creo 2.0 crashing in ASM

ItzikBenShabat
1-Newbie

creo 2.0 crashing in ASM

Hi,

my team has incountered an issue. for some reason creo crashes whenever constraints are being made in asm. it doesnt happen to all constraints but it makes it almost impossible to design.

anyone know this issue ? any solutions?

thanks,

itzik

3 REPLIES 3

Itzik,

Can you reproduce the crash consistently? Is it related to a specific part or constraint type? Does it happen on all computers?

If you could send me a private message with the files and instructions for reproducing this I could take a look.

Recently I had a problem assembling components of a specific color. Very strange as it only happened on some computers but it happened every time until I removed the color.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,

Adam

This is a problem that one of my students has his home pc and we also have it at the computer cluster at the school.

The student reported the following information:

1. we tested the asm on a different computer and it didnt crash on it (which makes me think that it might be the students computer).

2. it happens whenever he tries to do an autoconstraint. or efine distance (but not only).

3. it happens to him with all files and asm.

I will have access to the computer cluster only sometime next week to test it there. could it be a RAM or Graphic card issue? what are the minimum requirements? should we try to reinstall ?

Itzik

Itzik,

It is probably a graphics issue. Please see this post http://communities.ptc.com/message/179284#179284.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags