Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creo 5 diplay issues

Level 1

creo 5 diplay issues

I have a weird problem running creo 5. It doesn't happen all the time, in fact I couldn't get it to happen for my teacher.When I am in sketch modeand I start to scketch, the screen shows everything i done at the same timeit is really weird.I can't figure out how to make this stop. I.ve deleted and reloaded creo 5 many times and it always happens againi can't use the program as is and I don't have the time to find a machin to complete my assignments. please help.if i move the middle button on the mouse it will go to a proper looking screenbut when I move the mouse to draw it goes back to a funky screen and I can't tell where i am drawing in the mess here is what the screen looks like149.JPG

14 REPLIES 14

Re: creo 5 diplay issues

Your graphics adapter is most likely to blame. A couple of things you can try. Change your graphics option (in config.pro) to win32_gdi rather than Open_gl and restart.

graphics_win32_gdi.jpg

Else, try setting use_software_opengl to yes... Restart and let us know if either helps...

use_software-opengl.jpg

Hello Steve I've been looking for PTC help but It seems it takes too long time until I get an answer from the school program, I am in Tecate Mexico and I am planning to opening a new school where to teach Creo Elements/pro ( formerly ProENGINEER WF 5.0), I want get the PTC support for this o support this school and use the authorized software according PTC School program.

This month I applied to the Global Education Program on its survey via online, after that I make the submissions I receive a confirmation that they were successfully approved by PTC and that I would receive a free license for Creo Elements/pro in order to install it in 300 computers of my students but I have not receive the license nor the certification to teach in the school.

Please help me to understand the process on how can I get authorizations, licenses, software, school curriculums etc... that I need to start this new school.

thank you very much Steve Ullrich.

Hello Jorge,

Try this route...

http://ptcacademy.com/na.html

This is the path that I have recommended to others trying to obtain a site license for Creo/Pro. It is self explanatory... Download the software. Complete the lessons and turn them in. Receive your license.

Best wishes,

Steve

I got into configpro, but there is no graphics or use_opengl option in my config pro ihave a windows 7 X64OS dellhow do I find these options?

Hello Robert if you can't find the use_opengl on your config try to find it as use_software_opengl, I you have success.

that isn't on there either

some times at the begining, start setting up your config files you need to type use_opengl to initialize it in you config, then close Proengineer and open again.

i have no idea on how to do that. I was told to download this progam at school and i only know simple functionsthat I can't perform because it doesn't work right on my computer.

maintain the calm John, do not let be intimidated by this software, it's a powerfull tool that could give you more than what you ever could imagine, lets starting with what have you done as far.

questions:

It was successful installing proengineer.

does Proengineer running in you computer.

try this basic config file, you will find the option that you need.