cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

dysfunctional placement button

akožienka
1-Newbie

dysfunctional placement button

Hello,

I have problem with placement button in component placemnet . When I do assembly and I want change placement so, placement button don t work. I have creo3 with new student license because I had to recover old. In old version it worked good but in new not. So what I should do ? Thanks for all answer.

creo.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.] info for you

%APPDATA% variable contains path to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming directory

%LOCALAPPDATA% variable contains path to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local directory

---

Therefore I asked you to delete PTC subdirectory in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming directory.

2.] Creo Parametric 3.0 enables user to unpin dialog box from its tab (user can move dialog box to any screen location). I guess that you did such action and then saved customization file (creo_parametric_customization.ui). Maybe you moved dialog box to second monitor and forget about it ...

I did some testing and realized that "unpinned" status is saved in customization file (creo_parametric_customization.ui). So find this file (with .ui extension) and rename it (for example to creo_parametric_customization.ui.xxx).

The file can be saved:

• in your working directory
  • in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settingsdirectory
  • in CREO3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\text directory

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

you can try following:

• open Windows Explorer and go to %APPDATA% directory

appdata.png

• delete PTC subdirectory

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi

Thank you for your answer. I tried to use your advice but it didn t work. It s possible that I did it wrong, because I have in APPDATA two directory 1. LOCAL with PTC  2.ROAMING with PTC . So I don t know which one delete

Hi,

1.] info for you

%APPDATA% variable contains path to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming directory

%LOCALAPPDATA% variable contains path to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local directory

---

Therefore I asked you to delete PTC subdirectory in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming directory.

2.] Creo Parametric 3.0 enables user to unpin dialog box from its tab (user can move dialog box to any screen location). I guess that you did such action and then saved customization file (creo_parametric_customization.ui). Maybe you moved dialog box to second monitor and forget about it ...

I did some testing and realized that "unpinned" status is saved in customization file (creo_parametric_customization.ui). So find this file (with .ui extension) and rename it (for example to creo_parametric_customization.ui.xxx).

The file can be saved:

• in your working directory
  • in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settingsdirectory
  • in CREO3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\M060\Common Files\text directory

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Today I switched on creo and creo is working good. Thank you for your advice.

Hi MartinHanak,

I had the same problem and I did as you said.

Now the placement button works fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.

Top Tags