cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

error while installation

SS_9630153
3-Visitor

error while installation

After installing creo 5.0 this is showing license requesting failed for feature. tell me what to do........
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI SS_9630153,

I believe you are trying to use the product code valid for creo parametric academic version 4.0 with 5.0.

Please use product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 to work with Creo Parametric 5.0 

To have detailed information please click here 

Thanks,

Vipul

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@SS_9630153 wrote:
After installing creo 5.0 this is showing license requesting failed for feature. tell me what to do........

Hi,

you must reconcile the contents of the parametric.psf file with the license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

Please upload these files, if you want additional help.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

In parametric.psf where should i looks for the  C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

Steve. 

Hi @SS_9630153,

Open the parametric.psf in notepad and look for the entry shown below 

Also, make sure your license file is located in default location as mentioned. 

Thanks,

Vipul

Hi,

I made the changes as you suggested but when opening creo it is giving the error message attached. 

I need to get this thing running as i have my school project to complete. 

creo parametric.png

suggest me on this 

Steve. 

HI SS_9630153,

I believe you are trying to use the product code valid for creo parametric academic version 4.0 with 5.0.

Please use product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 to work with Creo Parametric 5.0 

To have detailed information please click here 

Thanks,

Vipul

Hi 

I got your point now. my bad

thank you for providing the PDF following the instructions Creo is working fine. 

thanks 

Steve

@SS_9630153 wrote:

Hi,

I made the changes as you suggested but when opening creo it is giving the error message attached. 

I need to get this thing running as i have my school project to complete. 

creo parametric.png

suggest me on this 

Steve. 

Hi,

Product code BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12 is related to Creo 3.0. You cannot use BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat to launch Creo 5.0.

Do not forget to remove all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory, before you install Creo 5.0 with product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12 !!!

Martin Hanák

Hi,

i followed the exact procedure in PDF also you mentioned and creo is working fine

thank you

Steve

Top Tags