cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

i am having someissues with manufacturing, can anyone help me?

jakers
1-Newbie

i am having someissues with manufacturing, can anyone help me?

In Creo 3.0 when I attempt to open a new manufacturing nc assembly it doesn't open and and Nothing happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Creo window title reports that you are using Student Edition. Therefore you cannot create/open manufacturing nc assembly.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
James62
10-Marble
(To:jakers)

It propably says in the message log that you are missing a licence for the NC module.

jakers
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

So here are some screenshots I took, it doesn't say anything in the dialog box. After I click OK, it simply does nothing, and the new box disappears.

1.png2.png

James62
10-Marble

That looks like some vanilla setup.

Click with RMB to the bottom message area and choose Message Log from the pop-up menu.

jakers
1-Newbie

It says the message log is empty.

Hi,

Creo window title reports that you are using Student Edition. Therefore you cannot create/open manufacturing nc assembly.

MH

Martin Hanák

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. As a student of engineering, I need to access the student license and I am now having to jump through hoops to try to bypass this short-sighted rule. How are students supposed to learn how to manufacture parts using the software???

Hi,

if you are using Student license then you cannot create/open manufacturing nc assembly, because the license does not contain manufacturing modules.

MH

Martin Hanák

So I am in a crunch, and I really do need to use the manufacturing setting, is there any way I can get it. I am a college student, if that helps.

Hi,

maybe you can do your work in university lab ? Or you can contact some person - CAD administrator and ask him for a help.

MH

Martin Hanák

How would I contact a CAD Administrator? Seeing as how I kinda Need the Manufacturing ability for schooling purposes.

James62
10-Marble

The person who gave you the task might be able to tell you.

jakers
1-Newbie

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Facepalm-Meme-04.png

So lets assume that I have thried that already, and that was the first thing that I tried...How would I get in contact with somebody , FROM PTC... that can help me.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

If you are expecting to generate CNC output, it probably won't help you. If the rest isn't appropriate for your problem then you need to be more specific about your goals.

You'll need post-processors that are applicable to the intended CNC equipment. I expect this is why it's not included.

To clarify for other searches on this topic - there is no point for a student license to have access to the NC module because students typically don't have direct access to NC equipment. To drive the equipment requires post processing software to convert the tool paths into particular instructions and tool descriptions so the paths can be generated and so that reasonable paths can be programmed to begin with. When a University has NC equipment available to students they will also have set up workstations with the NC programming modules and the post processors and models of all the tools that are available to use in the NC equipment.

I think the student version can export formats that other CNC software can use, so there are alternatives in order to make parts if the school doesn't have the PTC machining module. I would expect most schools have several CAD programs in their training and would want to support just one CNC process rather than multiple different CAD programs with unique needs and interfaces.

Of course the integrated module is valuable in a commercial environment where it saves time and retains consistency in updating CNC outputs when the design changes; that's the distinguishing factor that is lost when using an export.

James62
10-Marble

Well, if the person who gave you the task can't get you the tools to do the task I guess you will have to figure out how to get the tools other ways?

The student version obviously won't do what you need. Think about getting a different version of Creo.

bprazak
1-Newbie

Hi

I have also access just from uni but it works here.

Better contact your IT technician. It works fine (manufacturing) by me despite occasional crashes.

It is maybe dependent on your uni licensing.

Top Tags