cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

.mtl library in windchill

robwood
1-Newbie

.mtl library in windchill

I have a problem and I hope enyone could help me with that.

How can I create a .mtl library at the First Windchill server?

I save the .mtl-file in my workspace but i couldn't check it in. Also the .mtl-file was not shown in my workspace at my browser.

What do I wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:robwood)

Robert, assuming you are in Creo, the Material file (.MTL) can be checked into your Windchill Project in any folder. Just right click on the file, wait for the menu to appear and then pick Check In. This option is only available while viewing the workspace from within Creo, not the browser.

Material File located in Workspace (Creo)

Mtl+file+in+workspace.png

Check In Process

mtl+file+checkin.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Robert, assuming you are in Creo, the Material file (.MTL) can be checked into your Windchill Project in any folder. Just right click on the file, wait for the menu to appear and then pick Check In. This option is only available while viewing the workspace from within Creo, not the browser.

Material File located in Workspace (Creo)

Mtl+file+in+workspace.png

Check In Process

mtl+file+checkin.png

robwood
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

This mean i must wait until Windchill 10.2 is online!!

Because I have Windows 8.1.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Yes, once you have moved up to Windows 8.1, there is no way to run anything other than IE11 which is not compatible with Creo 2.0 or Windchill 10.1. The goal is to have it ready for September 1st.

robwood
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

I am looking forward to it .

Top Tags