cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

"Cannot retrieve model"

Sivakumar1
2-Guest

"Cannot retrieve model"

Dear Team,

I am using a Student version provided by the University of Stuttgart. I am learning a course PTC CREO in online platform of Udemy. In my course, certain additional worksheet drawing, parts, assemblies have been provided for us to learn and draw and get used to it. Obviously, they would have been done in Commercial Version. I am not able to open the files and I get the message 

"Cannot retrieve model"

For any file, this is the response. It would be great if there is a way to access the files. It will be very useful academically for me to know more and learn more. 

Looking forward to your reply at the earliest.

Thanking you in advance.

With regards

Sivakumar Mallikarjunan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sivakumar1 wrote:

Dear Team,

I am using a Student version provided by the University of Stuttgart. I am learning a course PTC CREO in online platform of Udemy. In my course, certain additional worksheet drawing, parts, assemblies have been provided for us to learn and draw and get used to it. Obviously, they would have been done in Commercial Version. I am not able to open the files and I get the message 

"Cannot retrieve model"

For any file, this is the response. It would be great if there is a way to access the files. It will be very useful academically for me to know more and learn more. 

Thanking you in advance.

With regards

Sivakumar Mallikarjunan

Hi,

you are right, Student license does not enable you to open files created using Creo with Commercial license. I believe you can apply to the University Creo CAD Admin for an Academic license. Academic license enables you to open (only open !!!) files created using Creo with Commercial license.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Sivakumar1 wrote:

Dear Team,

"Cannot retrieve model"

Thanking you in advance.

With regards

Sivakumar Mallikarjunan

Hi,

you are right, Student license does not enable you to open files created using Creo with Commercial license. I believe you can apply to the University Creo CAD Admin for an Academic license. Academic license enables you to open (only open !!!) files created using Creo with Commercial license.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags